The SURE application is no longer open. Acceptance notification will occur by April 15th. The 2015 dates are Monday May 25th to Friday July 31st.
SURE is a ten-week summer research program designed to attract qualified minority students * into graduate school in the fields of engineering and science. The SURE 2015 program dates are May 25th, 2015 to July 31st, 2015. Approximately thirty students of at least junior-level undergraduate standing are recruited on a nationwide basis and paired with both a faculty and a graduate student mentor to undertake research projects in the College of Engineering and College of Sciences.
Program Highlights include
- 10 weeks of undergraduate research in the College of Engineering or College of Sciences
- On campus housing
- $5000 stipend
- Meal plan
- Weekly professional development and graduate school preparation seminars
- Graduate student and faculty mentoring
- Oral and poster presentations during final research symposium
SURE is supported by funding from the National Science Foundation.
* Please note all students must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents.
Last revised on March 13, 2015.